Saturday, September 19, 2009

Footstool, mirror and half round table finished

Happy Saturday! I was so glad to send a lot of completed items to their new home this morning.
Along with the round table and plant stand I was able to finish this footstool, mirror and half round table.








The above picture is how it looked before. It is an old 40's wood footstool with original material. Someone had painted the feet white.
















I stripped all the old material off and painted the feet black to go with the chairs I had done for the client. I used the material from both chairs to coordinate with the chairs.















This is one of the chairs. It is covered in a violet micro suede.



















This is the other chair cone in a chenille fabric in the colors of lilac, blue and creams.




















I repaired an antique drop leaf table the client had. We felt the room needed a mirror. I had this one made in the 1930's. It will go nicely with the antique chins cabinet and side table I did earlier. I white washed it to tone it down and compliment the round coffee table finished this week. The plant stand will also be a nice white accent.















My client has a fountain she wants to use inside so I did this deco half table to sit it on. It is nice as it will give extra storage or display. The wood goes well with the china cabinet finish. This table was a dark brown so I refinished and repaired it.













Well I guess I need to get to work. There is a big chair and matching footstool to upholster. The fun piece as well as the final one is a drum table to go between the chairs in the bay window. The cats need a place to lay and look out.
Hopefully I will be able to take pictures of the finished room soon. Depends if we are going to still do the black marble fireplace surround Lol
Thank you for looking.

No comments: